Sunday, February 07, 2010

Chasing Time

"We gotta get out while we're young,
"'Coz tramps like us, baby we were born to run. "

- Springsteen

I can't believe I had to be reminded of this by an aging rock icon about 3 times my age.

You gotta see him perform Dancing in the Dark in Barcelona to appreciate the wonder. If you'd see him light up the crowd with his music with a shirt soaking his back cold, you'd think he'd die of pneumonia like the average pinoy oldie.

I've seen musicians die, but when the day comes for him to face the music, it will feel as though the very life he has injected to our hearts will be sucked out, along with the color of life that he made oh so very musical, with Rock and Roll, no less.

And yet he inspires me the best to live like his music tells me to. Here is an old man defying age, defying time itself. True, I have learned from a multitude of teachers that a fight with father time is nothing short of a losing battle from the get-go.

Finding his songs at this particular time had made me stop and take a long hard look at my life: the realization that age is coming to me quicker than I ever expected, and I am far from where I want to be.

At this point, I'm thinking if I don't drop everything and run, the rest of my life is going to catch up with me.

...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there

Thanks for writing this blog, loved reading it